If you are looking to complete your initiation into the Catholic faith through the Sacrament of Confirmation you must be:
- 18 years or older
- Have been baptized
- Received your First Holy Communion
Classes begin after the first of the year.
In 2010, they will begin March 25th at 6:30pm-8:30pm.
Classes run for 8 weeks. Confirmation will be June 3, 2010.
For more information contact:
Kathy Powers at (619) 420-9193 ext. 106 or
INFANT BAPTISM PREPARATION FOR PARENTS
Congratulations, we are very happy you are planning to have your child baptized. During the Baptismal Rite the parents are instructed to “making it their constant care to bring up their child in the practice of the faith”. What does this mean?
Hopefully, we will make the baptism of your child more meaningful by taking a look at the many signs and symbols in baptism and how these can help you to educate your child in the faith.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE?
- You must be a registered member of this parish for at least four months prior to the baptism.
- Attend the parent/godparent class. These are normally held on the first Saturday of the month from 9:30am—12:00pm. Holidays are an exception. Both parents and godparents (if they live in the area) attend the class.
- The celebration of the Sacrament of Baptism is typically scheduled on the third Saturday of the month, 10:00am in Spanish and 11:00am in English.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Be a Catholic who has been confirmed, received the sacrament of Eucharist and leads a life in harmony with the faith.
- If married, must be married in the Catholic faith.
- Only one male or female is needed for a godparent, but you can have a godmother and godfather.
- A baptized person belonging to another Christian faith may act as a witness to the baptism, but there must be one catholic godparent.
Call the office at 619-420-9193 ext. 106 for more information or
you can send an email to:
Download the Registration Form for Baptism.